Monday, March 14, 2011

Leanna and a TARDIS or, Epic Win


So what could be better than a steampunk event in a bar with a TARDIS? Well, not really much of anything. Huge thanks to Ay-Leen the Peacemaker of Beyond Victoriana and Lucretia of The Wandering Legion of the Thomas Tew for organizing Steampunk Stylin' at the uber-awesome The Way Station in Brooklyn this weekend, where their signature drink, The Way Station, is an absinthe-esque journey to exquisite. I was thrilled to read the Ripper chase scene from The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker. I was truly honoured to share the stage with the awesome talent of: Samara of Dancing Frozen, Psyche Corporation, Painless Parker, Eli August and all with Dorothy Winterman's gorgeous hats standing guard and a beautifully dressed crowd that never disappoints. One of my partners in crime from way back in the day, Kelley of the entrancing Wickie Arts, even made it out to the festivities. The TARDIS and me here pretty much sums up my mood about the whole thing. This might go beside the dictionary definition of SQUEE. (Thanks to the multi-talented J. M. Coen for said lovely and squee photos and to Michael Angelus Salerno and his ridiculously awesome steampunk-fitted camera for the photo of me and fellow fantasy author Mary Rodgers in her awesome captain's coat below.) Oh, yeah, and did I mention the BBC was there filming? *faint*


















Next time you're up for an adventure, hit up The Way Station. It's bigger on the inside.
What's Leanna's next event? Why, she's the Literary Guest of Honour at the Steampunk Industrial Revolution!! Check it out!

3 comments:

houndstooth said...

What a cool event! It sounds like so much fun! It wasn't one of those "no dogs allowed" places, was it? I hate those!

Bunny

Hanna said...

The only thing that could make me more jealous right about now is if Matt Smith was inside. :P

Leanna Renee Hieber said...

Dear Bunny,
Gosh, I sure hope not, any place you're not welcome isn't a place I want to be. *puppy kisses*

Hanna,
Yeah, um... if that were the case... I think the door would have been... shut... ya know... *grin*