Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Apocalypsies Feature: E. C. Meyers

Welcome to my next APOCALYPSIES Debut feature starring E. C. Meyers!

In this feature I ask a bit about these fabulous debut novels and of course something about fluffy animals and ghosts because this is my blog after all, and I'm nothing if not true to my themes...

Welcome E. C. and his fabulous new book!


Shop Indie Bookstores


Title: Fair Coin

Release Date: March 6, 2012 - Today!

Synopsis:
Sixteen-year-old Ephraim Scott is horrified when he comes home from school and finds his mother unconscious at the kitchen table, clutching a bottle of pills. The reason for her suicide attempt is
even more disturbing: she thought she’d identified Ephraim’s body at the hospital that day.

Among his dead double’s belongings, Ephraim finds a strange coin—a coin that grants wishes when he flips it. With a flick of his thumb, he can turn his alcoholic mother into a model parent and catch the eye of the girl he’s liked since second grade. But the coin doesn’t always change things for the better. And a bad flip can destroy other people’s lives as easily as it rebuilds his own.

The coin could give Ephraim everything he’s ever wanted—if he learns to control its power before his luck runs out.

LRH: Your Fave thing about your book:

E.C.: You mean other than the fact that it's finally out in the world? I'm really pleased that my protagonist has a good relationship with his mother, and that this is something many readers appreciate so far. I think Fair Coin breaks with some YA conventions, such as the missing or dead parents, and it straddles some lines. That makes it a weird book indeed, but it's exactly the story I wanted to tell.

LRH: Your Fave fluffy animal:

E. C.: Red panda! It's like an adorable mix of a raccoon, a panda, and a fox.

LRH: If you were a ghost, where would you haunt?:

E. C.: The Jefferson Market branch of the New York Public Library. I'm assuming that I'll be able to manipulate objects so I can read all the books there, but even if not, I want to be around people who love books as much as I do. I would also enjoy just hanging around that beautiful building, and something tells me I'd have a lot of ghostly company there.

(Leanna says: OMG this is one of my fave responses I've received to that question. You rock, E. C.)

Website, Twitter, FB links:

Website: http://ecmyers.net/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ecmyers
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/flipthecoin


Cheers and congratulations on release day!

2 comments:

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Lucky new author gets a fantastic book cover by Sam Weber. What a score!

E.C. Myers said...

Kim, I can't believe how fortunate I was to get such an amazing cover! Sam is one of my favorite artists.